Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Expert-Extraordinare

I can't believe that it is Wednesday already! This week has been flying by. Mostly due to the fact that I was thinking/studying for my Voluntary Associations midterm yesterday (midterm?!). It was actually a nice distraction from the fact that Michael is coming tomorrow otherwise it would have seemed like a decade.

This week at work, I have been creating a portfolio recapping the Advanced Student Summit. We will send the packet to donors to show them how their money was used. The portfolio will also be really good material for my own personal portfolio, something to accompany my resume as proof of my work. As my work on the portfolio wraps up however, Alissa just appointed me as "expert of the national business presentations," which is still pretty cool despite the fact that it's a made-up title. This means that I will be point on preparing the two students who will act as the D.C. office representatives in the national business plan competition in October. First things first is evaluating their PowerPoint presentations and trying to adapt them with snazzier templates. Then I get to pick apart their plan and compile a list of questions to ask them regarding their business model. Finally, I'll help Alissa and Verice act as coaches. Cool, huh?

Well, I should get going. I am planning to make tacos tonight before class and lecture.

Can't wait til Michael gets here (especially because my mom promised to send down home-cooked meals with him!)



No comments:

Post a Comment