Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cool Things I've Done this Summer

In the midst of all the summer's mayhem, I often fail to mention the very cool things I have been able to do/see as part of the TFAS summer program, so I've decided to list them now.

  • Listen to a lecture by Russ Roberts
  • Sit on the House floor
  • Watch the Capitol Fourth concert on the lawn of the Capitol (ok, I actually didn't get to see the concert because of torrential thunderstorms, but I was there, waiting....
  • Hear Donald Rumsfeld speak
  • Speak with lots of great professionals in the nonprofit field including Bill Hanbury, Executive Director of the United Way of the National Capital Area and Les Lenkowsky, former CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service
  • Be briefed about international issues at the State Department
  • Hear Robert Egger speak
  • Visit the World Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment